Monday, July 09, 2007

JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH

I have one of those dreams which are so real you keep waking up thinking it's really happening then go back to sleep and continue where you left off.

I am on holiday with several schoolfriends: a not uncommon occurrence in my dreams. One of the friends, a boy who was in the same class as me between the ages of 5 and 18, who I've not seen since, and who, according to his Friends Reunited profile, is now a GP as he always wanted to be, commits a murder. This is unusual in my dreams as I am the only murderer I know and I committed that murder years ago. Although I can't remember doing it, I do know there's a body beneath my patio, which is basically why we can never move house.

So the GP is a murderer, there's blood on his hands and our holiday dormitory is awaken at 6 a.m. by the FBI who have all the evidence. I can tell by my schoolfriend's eyes he wants to be caught as his life has taken a turn he never expected or wanted, he feels trapped and this is his way out.

So we look at each other, two murderers, one wanting to be convicted, the other hiding his 20 year old crime deep within his memory. I know what he did. He doesn't know what I did.

It serves him right for persuading me to see Rick Wakeman with him in 1977.

2 comments:

  1. What is it with all this talk of murderous Docs these days? What happened to the hypocratic oath? Or in Rick Wakeman's case, the hipper critic oath (bollocks)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need our celebrity docs to make a stand!

    Harry Hill, Hank Wangford, Doctor & The Medics...

    ReplyDelete