"This is my least favourite song ever!" I hear from the other office as Smooth plays Don McLean's American Pie.
I agree, it is pretty shit. But it doesn't come close to my least favourite.
I haven't got one, though. I've got so many to choose from.
So I set myself a task. To compile a Nightmare Playlist. Twenty songs (not including novelty records and not having the same artist more than once) I never want to hear again. From the mawkish to the "right on".
So here goes...
1. I Will Always Love You - Whitney Houston
2. There Must Be An Angel (Playing With My Heart) - Eurythmics
3. True - Spandau Ballet
4. My Heart Will Go On - Celine Dion
5. Fields of Gold - Sting
6. Easy Lover - Phil Collins & Philip Bailey
7. Rock DJ - Robbie Williams
8. Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison
9. Dancing In The Moonlight - Toploader
10. Somewhere Only We Know - Keane
11. Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
12. Hello - Lionel Ritchie
13. Isn't She Lovely? - Stevie Wonder
14. 500 Miles - The Proclaimers
15. Sexuality - Billy Bragg
16. London Calling - The Clash
17. 1973 - James "The Cuntster" Blunt
18. Lady In Red - Chris De Burgh
19. It Must Be Love - Madness
20. Sex Bomb - Tom Jones
Christ, what a CD that would make. Have I missed any out? Can you think of a worse playlist? Have you got a least favourite song? What's your favourite crisp flavour, etc, etc...?
About Adorno’s friends
4 hours ago