Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Hit The North

I got in from work last night and Betty was livid. I could tell because Adam and The Ants were blaring out from the stereo.

"I've recorded some of Richard and Judy for you," she said. You've got to see it. I'm so angry."

This was the cause of her ire.

"I can't believe it," I said. "Not another book deal for a blogging middle class English woman. This one sounds even worse than the rest. Speaking as a husband, son and a father..."

"You're not a father. Are you?"

"OK maybe not. But how on earth does this twat represent bloggers? I've got absolutely nothing in common with her. She calls it work! Work! It's not bloody work! It's a bleeding diversion from work! I'm going to do a post about this. About how all the published bloggers are middle class women. What about the working class male bloggers, eh? What about blogs such as...as... MY BIRD IS A SORT!"

"OK."

"Or GEEZER WITH A PERMANENT HARD ON."

"FIRST BEER OF THE DAY?"

"PROUD SCOUSER IN THE COSTAS."

"WIFE IN THE DOCK."

"Yeah, what about them? Middle class wanker publishers."

7 comments:

  1. I like the ideas there Geoff!

    "Proud Scouser in the Costas" would be on my Blogroll like a shit.

    Sorry... "Shot".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would that be GEEZER WITH A PERMANENT HARD ON DOT COM?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Murph - There'd be none of that fancy foreign food and drink or falling in love with locals. He's a proud family man who knows his roots.

    MJ - That's the geezer. Wherever he pitches his tent, that's his home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course, 'MIDDLE CLASS WANKER PUBLISHERS' would be a splendid blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really do wonder what percentage of bloggers are middle class? And how many of those admit to being middle class?

    I always thought Guardian readers were middle class. Or any readers of broadsheets for that matter.

    Now it's got me thinking about the percentage of bloggers (middle class or otherwise) who read The Gaurdian.

    Get behind me, Statistician Satan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doesn't mj write all those blogs anyway?
    So there's no chance for you lads.

    I hear knitting blogs are very popular.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tim - I wish I'd thought of it earlier.

    Istvanski - If you dabble with html, you're middle class.

    Kaz - I'd prefer a knitting blog to a DIY blog. Where did I leave those needles?

    ReplyDelete