Friday, April 27, 2007

Tears Of A Clown

Annie's come up with an excellent and novel way of listing her blogroll. We're all film stars!

I've always wanted to be a glamorous film star. A Hollywood heart throb such as Clark Gable. A cool dude like Humphrey Bogart. Dammit, even Rock Hudson would do me: the ladies loved him!

Or what about Frank Sinatra? Yeah, Frank Sinatra, and Betty could be my Ava Gardner.

You have to click on each one of Annie's links to find out who's who. I went through them from top to bottom. I thought I wasn't there, but I am.

So which gorgeous hunk of manhood does my blogging persona most resemble?

Apparently, him.

And Betty is her.

We certainly are a couple of swells!

10 comments:

  1. Initially I was disappointed, because neither Macauley Culkin nor Whoopi Goldberg were there. Then I realised I have never been to that site before. Perhaps your friend is one of the few who has not heard of me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. WC Fields always reminds me of the Isle of Wight Festival for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicus - Your reputation is still growing. Today Kingsley, tomorrow the world.

    Murph - Did you see Lou Rawls there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Sorry, Geoff. It was only because you make me laugh and are v witty. If you like, I'll change it to, let's see... ooh, Gregory Peck! I loved him in 'To Kill A Mocking Bird.'

    Vicus, you can be Whoopi if you want. Murph - um, Lassie?

    ReplyDelete
  5. No! Please don't change it, Annie. It's given me and Betty a laugh imagining ourselves as those two.

    If I had to choose anyone it would be Burt Lancaster. I'd have to hold my stomach in, though. So WC's just about right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea, especially since there are so many Stars from the glamorous Hollywood Era...not that most of them could act..but it was before the Internet and we didn't know that there were 200 million people who could be the next big thing.

    "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it."

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's my motto, too. So maybe WC Fields ain't a bad choice for me after all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm Errol Flynn.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As big as the M1?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm scared to go and look ...

    ReplyDelete