Wednesday, May 17, 2006

This Week I Have Been Listening To Joy Division

It's been a couple of months since I started my higher strength drugs regime and I must say I'm feeling like a new man.

I'm sleeping like a baby, albeit a baby on elephant tranquilisers, whenever I get the chance to close my eyes. I am able to drink tea for the first time in years (my favourite being Assam), and this helps me to fight my general tiredness. I'm even able to take real cows' milk with my breakfast cereal and gulp my way through a Muller Light yoghurt after my one-thirty sandwich.

But considering I'm taking larger doses of anti-depressants, I'm not getting any more cheerful. Not that I was depressed in the first place, but it would be nice to walk around with a smile on my face and a song in my heart.

3 comments:

  1. Happy people get on my tits. Go the painkiller route, like House. Vicodin rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't come anywhere near me with a smile on your face.
    Yesterday in Primark I heard a mum yell at her child 'Why can't you go to sleep like any normal bloody baby?'
    Obviously it was in need of elephant tranquilisers

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's OK, I'm a Wednesday's child - full of woe.

    I don't know how anyone could sleep in Primark, especially not the staff - they're rushed off their feet.

    ReplyDelete