Thursday, January 17, 2008

Celebrate Good Times, Come On!

Donna doesn't know it yet, but when she walks through the door to her secret 50th birthday celebration they will be playing Donna by Marty Wilde. Not Donna by 10CC or Donna by Ritchie Valens, but the cover of Valens' song which is "nicer" than the original.

As part of his set, the DJ will play Hey There Lonely Girl by Eddie Holman, the first song which Donna really liked in her teens.

For my 50th birthday bash I'm hoping to walk into the room to the strains of Space (Jefrey With One F) by The Pixies. I will later have a little smooch to Bohemian Rhapsody.

9 comments:

  1. If Ms Summer invites PJ Harvey to this bash, will they play "Polly Put The Kettle On" by Donna & the Kebabs?


    That must've been the worst smartass comment ever. Dumbass, more like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's hope they don't play (Jeffrey) "Dahmer The Embalmer."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smooch to Bohemian Rhapsody??
    No Way!
    You need 'If you don't know me by now' by Harold Mellville.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Istvanski - I don't think I've ever heard that. I couldn't see PJ Harvey at a 50th do.

    MJ - I don't think I've ever heard that. I see the previous album by the band who did it was called Cunt. Have you heard that Cunt yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kaz - My teen years were devoid of smooches. I liked Yes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paul Morley says you have to imagine Elvis singing a song to make it a pop classic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. But he demonstrated that with only a couple of his chosen songs. I think that, like Elvis's diet, that was filler.

    I can see Elvis doing Common People.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Geoff - Jeffrey with One F is a bloody classic and I love the fact that you would have that at your 50th. Do you think your colleagues would understand? Imagine Elvis singing THAT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think about three people would understand. The rest would think it a noise.

    I don't want Elvis or The Pixies coming. They'd eat all the food!

    ReplyDelete