Monday, February 06, 2006

I Love Blogger

...but...

I just wish they'd stop us from attempting posts when they're doing their maintenance work. Block me, Blogger. Stop me typing up all this crap three times on a Saturday (actually once typed by Betty as I dictated whilst I sat on the arm of the settee like some slimy boss).

But Saturday wasn't my day, was it?

It's the MVC Closing Down Sale. Great! Lots of Van Der Graaf Generator albums at half price, Heaven 17, a Todd Terry 3 cd compilation.

And a Jah Wobble 3 cd Anthology.

"Oh, no!" says the young man on the till. "I wanted that!"

"I'm sorry," I say. "I'll record it for you."

"No, it's all right. Oh no!"

OK, I know home taping is killing music but I am truly trying to do something good for another human being.

We get home and discuss our purchases. What about the Best of The Durutti Column 2 cd compilation? Yes, we should have bought it. And today's the last day. They're closing down.

I run most of the way to MVC. The cd's still there. I purchase it and rush homewards. I break into a run because it's time to eat my sandwich. Ha ha, I avoid some dogshit. I slow to a walk and thank my lucky stars. I break into a jog. I pull a calf muscle. My nose starts to bleed.

Today Blogger has a scheduled outage at 7.00 PM PST. Why they're whispering it, I don't know.

TODAY BLOGGER HAS A SCHEDULED OUTAGE AT SEVEN O'CLOCK.

I'm going to copy and paste this post somewhere safe just in case.

N.B. MVC Sale did not end at the weekend. There is still 1 day to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment