Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The Moment Bands Decided On Their Definitive Names - The First In A Series

As Blogger's being naughty and not allowing me to upload pictures of our few days away, as a little stop gap here's the first in a series, The Moment Bands Decided On Their Definitive Names.

Today, the Climax Blues Band.

(INT. A CAFE IN STAFFORD. A BLEAK NOVEMBER AFTERNOON.)

BLUES BROTHER NUMBER ONE: I've got it! I've got a new name for the band!

BLUES BROTHER NUMBER TWO: What's wrong with The Stafford Chicago Blues Revue?

BLUES BROTHER NUMBER ONE: The lads wanted something more punchy, more in yer face.

BLUES BROTHER NUMBER TWO: Go on then. I'm all ears.

BLUES BROTHER NUMBER ONE: Alright. It's something your missus doesn't have.

BLUES BROTHER NUMBER TWO: Coffee?

BLUES BROTHER NUMBER ONE: No. Not bloody coffee. What is it she doesn't have, no matter how hard you've tried to give her one?

BLUES BROTHER NUMBER TWO: Pickled onions?

12 comments:

  1. *applauds Geoff's new series*

    Didn't some members of Climax Blues Band also play with Status Quo?
    *goes off to consult Les Battersby*

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Climax Blues Band?

    Good God...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geoff: I get this and I laughed - but I don´t get the reason for ´coffee´or ´pickled onions´. Sorry.
    Is it like surreal? Or perhaps post -modernist?

    ReplyDelete
  4. *giggles*


    Oh - I've just googled and realised that it's actually a real band name. Blimey.

    Kaz - I don't think the choice of coffee and pickled onions are significant. But if they are, it went right over my head too. I wouldn't worry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MJ - I think this might be the only one of the series, unless I think of another one while I'm driving 200 miles. Yes, some members did join the Quo. And they got to play some real blues.

    Billy - The Good God Blues Band is a good name, too.

    Kaz/Spin - OK, Horlicks and pork pies then.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They couldn't get it right, could they?

    One their ex-keyboard players occsaionally plays with my chum Jim.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Er...with Jim's band that is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice series Geoff. Funnily enough it's not far from the truth either. How do I know that? I don't, I'm just making it up, sorry.
    More More.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've had plenty of coffee.

    And pickled onions too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Richard - Couldn't Get It Right is on Guilty Pleasures along with Pilot's January and Sherbet's Howzat. A great album.

    Tom - Typically I've started something I proabably can't continue.

    Billy - Both upset my delicate constitution.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Geoff, this is a fundamental mistake we all make. 'See it through' is one of the best pieces of advice I have never taken. But in this case, you cannot have a series of one so I think perhaps you need to do at least one more (that's still not a series though is it).

    ReplyDelete
  12. OK. One more, Tom.

    I'll need a bit of time, though.

    ReplyDelete